small tear in seat cover- how to fix?

Form 6

I have about a half-inch tear in the seam of one of my cabin seat pads on my 2009 260SS. It is in a vulnerable spot as people are prone to sit right on it when entering the cabin. Obviously I would like to fix it now before it gets bigger.

Is there a glue/repair product out there that someone has had success with in the past? Any and all input welcome.

thanks,

Peter

I find you can glue it closed with super glue. It's not pretty but will close the hole and stop it from getting worse.
I have about a half-inch tear in the seam of one of my cabin seat pads on my 2009 260SS. It is in a vulnerable spot as people are prone to sit right on it when entering the cabin. Obviously I would like to fix it now before it gets bigger.

Is there a glue/repair product out there that someone has had success with in the past? Any and all input welcome.

thanks,

Peter

Go to your local auto parts super store or look on Amazon for a car seat repair kit with iron. After putting a small backer piece of fabric behind cut with vinyl repair glue, you cover with liquid vinyl and heat with the appropriate pattern and the tear can disappear. Make sure you get a kit with the small plug in iron.

Back