1990 29 PC bilge pump wiring help

bad habit

Hi guys, i am having difficulty finding where the shower bilge and aft cabin bilge sources its power. I had a shower pump lock up and have since replaced it but there is not any power to the new pump. Is there a fuse that powers? Iam having difficulty tracing the wires to their source as i would need to strip the harness apart to do so. That is a very difficult job. Boat is very much in factory delivered form, in the brochure from 1990, Formula says that there are wiring diagrams with the owners manual but not in mine of course. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Cheyne

pretty sure that would come from the aft breaker panel, you likely have a popped circuit breaker there

pretty sure that would come from the aft breaker panel, you likely have a popped circuit breaker there

Is there anyone that HASN'T had issues with a shower sump at some point?

I don't believe there is a fuse, but a breaker somewhere that may need to be reset...typically located under the helm or in the cockpit area. If you're not sure of the breaker location, contact Formula TAG.

Make sure your new bilge pump connections are tight and secure. I replaced my sump pump, but my first waterproof wire locks were not secure even though I thought they were so nothing was working. Once I reconnected the bilge pump electrical lines a 2nd time, everything worked.

I have the schematic from my 1988 F29. I can send it to you if you want most of it should be close. There are breakers under the helm station and breakers under the port rear corner (at least in mine) and breakers at the dit panel for the cabin bilge.

Back