TAG Phone Support Ending for Boats OLDER Than 15 Years

Treads

Saw this comment to a post on FB for Formula Owners Group.

"Effective immediately, per instructions to me this morning, we no longer accept telephone calls on boats over 15 years old. You may email support@formulaboats.com to place your order. Please include credit card with expiration date and security code."

So much for telephone support if you have anything older than 15 years (2002)!!! You have to be kidding!!! Sometimes a real person is a benefit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Scott Smith.jpg
    Scott Smith.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Sounds like they're still supporting 15-year-old boats but only via email support

I'm sure someone will chime in with more clarification

They should just post the entire catalog of prints BOM's, PN's of older boats on-line so people can do their own digging. I'm sure if it's being relegated to email contact only it's going to be at the bottom of TAG's priorities.

It does initially sound far worse than I HOPE it will be. One of the unfortunate aspects of customer service today is that most companies want emails and not phone calls. The trick will be if you find Formula to still be responsive and accommodating. I will say that almost all of my amazing TAG support has been via email on my boat anyway. In some ways its easier to keep a record and look back when you have a question. Fingers crossed this is a good/neutral thing.

Email is more efficient...phone calls require the TAG staff to write down details which can be time consuming considering the volume of calls they receive.

Initially, I found that phone calls typically required leaving a message for them to call me back. Rather than play frustrating phone tag, email allows me to include plenty of details and photos of my question/issue for them to research and respond when they have a chance.

Typically, they respond via email within 1-2 days with answers and possible photos to help me with my issue. I've always been impressed with TAG's responsiveness and detailed answers so I don't expect this to change.

Have owned boats from several boat manufacturers, but no one beats Formula TAG's Service!

I've had great support through email. This doesn't affect me....but I get almost immediate responses that are thorough through email.

I understand it, just cost savings. This way Formula will fall a tad bit more into the "every other boat manufacture". It was a great run while it lasted

I hope they mean that "support" meaning "questions" will only be answered over email and not passing CC (e.g. PII) info over email. That's NOT a good practice (security) at all. No one should be putting their credit card info or other PII in an email.

Back