QL Volvo Trim Tabs - Auto Mode ?

toofast

I have this big "A" on my tab control, that I assume is "Auto" - which based on the research I've done is supposedly supposed to keep the boats trim constantly adjusted to the current running conditions.

In the sea trial I discovered a failed port tab, thus the Auto never worked....

I have a new Port tab, that seems to work, however when I press the Auto Button on the control, after about 20 seconds the "green light" goes off. Which I assume means no more auto ?

any ideas what I might be doing wrong ?

I'll check this weekend, but I believe you set the tabs manually for conditions THEN hit A to keep in on that orientation for changing seas. Keep in mind I am only a veteran of two trips on mine since I purchased it in October immediately before winter storage. Love it but still getting used to the many improvements over the 31P. My struggle is with the head vacuum generator.

Ok, so I was not exactly sure how they worked, as I have not found the manual yet....but this weekend I will try to do some testing as well. Thanks for a point in the right direction.

As for your head vacuum generator...I have a buddy who is a bit of an expert in that, what is going on, or if there is a thread I missed, point me to it!

Ready to flush light does not turn green so it won't flush. Assume it is not getting to the appropriate pressure. Replaced duck valves last weekend. Going to check for vacuum leaks this weekend. New toilet by Formula before taking deliver last fall. Holds water fine.

Silly question, but I assume you HEAR the pump running and trying to build pressure ?

Also, assume you've fiddle with the switch on the back of the toilet, I am not exactly sure what it does, but I know I had to flip it to get my going in auto mode.

yes, pump runs to build pressure, shuts off then in a minute or two pumps again. Tried smoke tomight to locate leak but no luck. Oredered a new pressure switc.

Saga is over. When yours truly replaced the head in the winter, he used the old wiring harness. Spoke to Sealand Tech Support who said the wiring on their toilet changed so need to use the new wiring harness. Well I'll be. After three weekends inclung new duck bills, new pressure switch and worst yet gettting to the tank floats and testing ok, all is good...no great. Pump still runs intermittantly but she flushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll track down the vacuum leak but atleast I can spend the night on the boat!!!

Back