ACP stud

zen

I have a rusted stud on the lower part of the ACP unit of my boat. Had it flagged for repair while the boat was hauled, we planned to replace it with a part from Volvo or have one machined if we couldn't find it. Today my service guy called and said Volvo didn't make the part and they can't take the risk of installing a machined stud because ACP is so important. I understand where he's coming from, but I'll be damned if I'm paying 5k to replace the entire ACP unit for a 4 inch stud (which is what he suggested). Any advice? ACP is so new, I have found very little information. Someone suggested to me that the current was sent out through the rusted stud, so it's more important that I might think it is. I can see that Volvo did discontinue the stud I need, but they appear to have replaced it with another part number. Unfortunately I can't seem to purchase it being in the US. Any advice?

I'm curious if you resolved this. Next time the boat is hauled, I'm going to take a very good look at the ACP.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

No, though it seems to be functioning fine. Volvo ran an April special on the ACP system, 40% off so I picked one up figuring I can sell it on eBay or a forum if I don't need it. Super lame of Volvo to not offer these replacement bolts.

Back