Saying hello

Hopefully next summer we can have a New England get together. I'll be shopping for my new boat all winter, Hopefully make a purchase by the end of February or March. I'm watching a couple now, but the asking prices are a little high for me.

Hopefully next summer we can have a New England get together. I'll be shopping for my new boat all winter, Hopefully make a purchase by the end of February or March. I'm watching a couple now, but the asking prices are a little high for me.

What are you looking for in the new boat?

Don't let the asking price prevent you from looking at and maybe making an offer. You might be pleasantly surprised at the difference between asking and selling prices. If your a Buyer NOW there are sellers that are real and do not want to sit on a boat for the next 6 months til the weather breaks.

Don't let the asking price prevent you from looking at and maybe making an offer. You might be pleasantly surprised at the difference between asking and selling prices. If your a Buyer NOW there are sellers that are real and do not want to sit on a boat for the next 6 months til the weather breaks.

Yes I agree. I had put an offer on a boat that was conditionally accepted that was a great deal lower than the asking, but the deal fell through because he couldn't get financed on a new boat. However using that offer/asking ratio I have made an offer on another boat and was told that it was "insulting". I don't take it personally, as you say the seller will now be paying to winterize and store the boat for the next six months, and at the very least the seller knows what low is.

Based on what is happening in the middle east right now I'm getting cold feet on the whole thing anyway. Russia has now established a military presence in Crimea and and now Syria. They are looking to drive the price of oil back up. That does not bode well for the boating industry. Couple that with the fact that Saudi Arabia keeps pumping oil to put US production out of business and its a 1-2 punch that pretty much assures that oil will be back in the $100 a barrel range. I hope I am wrong, but our president jokes about it and all the people care about in this country is Facebook posts and Fantasy Football. (end of rant)

We have an '09 260SS trailer boat out of Brewster, MA. We launch all over the Cape, Hingham, Winnipesaukee, Lake George, Thousand Islands, and the Keys last November. Did Martha's Vineyard yesterday- great weather and Vineyard Sound was the calmest I have ever seen it. Previous boat we bought new in 2001 with over 1,200 hours on it? A 260SS!

Peter

Hi all,

Very excited that this got setup as well. I went to NJ for Birds on the Bay this past August and had a great time. Looking to do something similar here in mass. I'm located on the North Shore

1985 302 SR-1 KAAMA
1984 F-1

Any interest in a get together?

Back