Leverage OR on Imron

twarble

TNP,
I've been reading loads on OSO about the leverage products and some of the uses, but I haven't really seen anything that particularly addresses the Imron on a lot of our Formula's. Let me first say that I'm a believer in the product as I used the polish on my last boat. With my Formula it has dulled a bit due to some neglect, so I'm working to restore it to it's heyday. I think I'm going to need the OR on a lot of my gelcoat, but I'm a little worried about using it on the Imron. I was hoping you could relay any tips or tricks on how to best restore the Imron.

thanks
todd

just a heads up for those of you on the forum that may have the same question. i did a test spot on my imron, and i found that Oxidation Remover from Leverage left a dull haze on the Imron. i had to use Finesse It II to remove the haze...i found that Finesse IT II worked great at restoring the Imron, and a coat of Meguiar's on top made a fantastic finish.

i still love the Leverage polish, and use it throughout the cockpit for a quick shine. the Leverage vinyl cleaner and conditioner is fantastic stuff when combined with their vinyl cleaning sponge. the conditioner has a smell that reminds me of Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion. :) i love the smell, and the sponge will get out bugs, spider poo, and just about everything else.

twarble

The factory uses a 3M product to buff/polish/finish the Imron process. It's light green, and 3M....that's all I know. They had a bunch of if sitting around in squeeze bottles. I saw it getting used.....should have asked specifically what it was.

i'm in a newer boat nowadays. it's an '08 and the paint/gelcoat is in great shape. i had her detailed a few weeks ago, and they used Collinite wax for the most part, and the heavy duty cleaner/wax in a few spots. it worked fantastic, was super easy on/off, and left a great shine. i'll probably stick to it for now...it was even taking light oxidation off of the stainless...

tw

Yeah, I remember talking with you a couple months ago about your new 45, and the marinas along the Occaquan. It was my hope to make it up the Potomac this year, but it's looking like that is going to be left to another season.

As for Collinite products, I use them as well. They do a great job.

Hope to run into you some time. In the meantime, safe travels.

V1

Back